There are many important things in life, one of which is to live a wholesome life that can serve as a testimony to God. During our Covenant Keeper, Men’s Fellowship God dealt with us on some very specific issues on our walk with Christ. There was a very important question that was asked beginning Psalm 119:9. Let take this time to explore some of what God revealed to us in that meeting.
- You must keep watch/ Doing inventory, aligned with the Word. Psalms 119:9 How shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed and keeping watch [on himself] according to Your word [confirming his life to it].
- Seeking God daily with your whole heart. Psalms 119:10a With my whole heart have I sought You, inquiring for and of You and yearning for You;
- I will not deviate from God’s direction. Psalms 119:10b Oh, let me not wander or step aside [either in ignorance or willfully] from Your commandments.
- Meditate on His Word that I won’t sin. Psalms 119:11 Your word have I laid up in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
- I must submit to the taught Word. Psalms 119:12 Blessed are You, O Lord; teach me Your statutes.
- I must align my confession with Your Word. Psalms 119:13 With my lips have I declared and recounted all the ordinances of Your mouth.
- Rejoice in what God says about us. Psalms 119:14 I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies as much as in all riches.
- Meditate on Your rules/laws which regulate my behaviors and thoughts. Psalms 119:115 I will meditate on Your precepts and have respect to Your ways [the paths of life marked out by Your law].
- Take pleasure in what You decree and not forget God’s Word. Psalms 119:16 I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your Word.